It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:30 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
eddie the head

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by eddie the head »

loving this plugin. messing around with the lyrics.
is there a way to make them scroll, though? i've set the font fairly large (small screen), and can only see a couple of lines.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

smurfier wrote:I just noticed an error when increasing the volume by +5. The first time it goes to 5%, hit it again, it's 9%, then 14%, then 18%.
With what player?
eddie the head wrote:loving this plugin. messing around with the lyrics.
is there a way to make them scroll, though? i've set the font fairly large (small screen), and can only see a couple of lines.
Unfortunately no. I'll try to figure something out..
AlC wrote:Okey I did it with the auto-tagger but at this album Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water , it doesn't functioned (at untitled tracks it functioned perfectly !)
Could you send me a PM with a track that doesn't function (upload it to mediafire.com). Also include the full filename so that I don't have to type it manually :)
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Forgot to mention that it's iTunes with the volume error.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Struggling to get "OpenPlayer" working, assuming it is supposed to launch your chosen player if it isn't running or pop it up if it is (that's how I read it). If this is indeed the case it seems to be starting Winamp and then not popping it to the front using :

Code: Select all

[MeterPlayerButton]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=PlayerButton.png
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "MeasurePlayer OpenPlayer"]
am I misunderstanding this or doing it wrong?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

hmm. Just tried it on my setup. had never really thought about a minimize or maximize ability. It would be pretty cool but alas it does not bring my Winamp to the front either. And similarly. When I use the sendmessage command to open an audio file, if Winamp is minimized then the 'open file' dialog opens but remains minimized until I click on the tray icon for Winamp. (I have mine set to minimize to the tray since I don't like lots of crap on my task bar).

I know there is an exe for minimizing and maximizing open applications in the "tools" post along with a bunch of other soon to be useful little exe's but I can't quite remember the thread and not sure if it's worth having another plugin/function just for that.

Sorry I couldn't be more useful but at least you know it's not just you. (Apparently spellchecker is ok with "hmm" but not "hmmm").
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Waldensamkeit wrote:hmm. Just tried it on my setup. had never really thought about a minimize or maximize ability. It would be pretty cool but alas it does not bring my Winamp to the front either. And similarly. When I use the sendmessage command to open an audio file, if Winamp is minimized then the 'open file' dialog opens but remains minimized until I click on the tray icon for Winamp. (I have mine set to minimize to the tray since I don't like lots of crap on my task bar).
Seahorse wrote:am I misunderstanding this or doing it wrong?
It doesn't seem to be able to determine your Winamp location. Are you using portable versions of Winamp? Could you try setting PlayerPath=path\to\winamp.exe under the main measure?
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Winamp is in default location and not a portable version.

Winamp location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe

Using:

LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "MeasurePlayer OpenPlayer"]
Added this to player section:

PlayerPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe
also tried:

PlayerPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe"
Current work around which does the job is:

[Variables]
MediaPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe

[MeterPlayerButton]

LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["#MediaPATH#"]

I assumed I was cocking something up tbh.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Zerrick

Post by Zerrick »

Since I've installed r834, using the bang '!RainmeterPluginBang "MeasurePlayer PlayPause" #CURRENTCONFIG#' will play the track from the beginning instead of resuming it. (It still pauses a playing track.)

I'm using foobar2000 1.1.7 on Windows 7 64b.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Zerrick wrote:Since I've installed r834, using the bang '!RainmeterPluginBang "MeasurePlayer PlayPause" #CURRENTCONFIG#' will play the track from the beginning instead of resuming it. (It still pauses a playing track.
Will fix, thanks.
Seahorse wrote:Winamp is in default location and not a portable version.
I assumed I was cocking something up tbh.
Odd, works fine here. I'll take a look at it.
magnus33

Post by magnus33 »

Have noticed a drawback to the plugin.

Its large and sort of stands out when added to a theme which makes it look a little out of place.

I would suggest when its not being used it should minimize and when its running it pops back out to full size.
This would make it mesh much better with most of the rainmeter themes out there.